Wednesday- Sunday: 10am-4pm
(last entry is at 3:30pm)
Closed Monday & Tuesday
*Hours are subject to change
The garden is closed on July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
Please dress for the weather, wear sturdy shoes, and feel free to bring a water bottle. There are many stairs connecting the Upper Garden with the Historic Lower Garden. Let our Visitor Services staff know if you have a handicapped parking permit and would like to visit the lower garden.
Access to the Stone Cabin and Outdoor Historic Kitchen on the south side of Johnson Creek is only available during the Saturday group tour. Please check the Event Calendar for times and information.
Leach Garden is small and has many narrow pathways that cannot accommodate large groups of people. We also have limited parking and garden capacity requirements that we must follow.
Groups larger than 10 please contact our admissions staff at least 5 days in advance by emailing or calling 503-208-6030. We cannot guarantee entry for walkups.
Thank you for making an advanced reservation. Your ticket applies to any arrival time up to a half hour before our posted closing time. Please check in at the admissions booth when you arrive. We look forward to welcoming you to the garden!
Walk up visits are also welcome but please be aware tickets may be limited during busy hours.
Occasionally, life throws us little obstacles that necessitate a change of plans. Are you looking for a refund for your admission fee, class or workshop? Please review our refund policy and then contact us.
Leach Garden highly recommends all guests be up to date with vaccinations and boosters. This policy is subject to change based on Multnomah County guidelines.
- Facemasks are optional.
- Be mindful of others wearing masks and maintain distance.
- Please wear a mask in our gift shop to protect our volunteers
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms please postpone your visit to the garden. Please note that some indoor private events may require masking.
For the enjoyment of all that visit please follow these guidelines:
- No smoking or vaping
- Service animals are allowed, but pets and emotional support animals are not permitted.
- Stay on the pathways. Walking in the planted areas can damage plant collection specimens.
- No picnicking inside the garden.
- No bicycles or similar vehicles on trails or paths.
- Do not pick flowers or seeds-they are part of our collection.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Click here to view our photography policy
- Click here to view our FAQ page.
Advance registration is required for most workshops, classes and events here at the garden. Many activities have limited seating/attendance and are first come, first serve.
This self guided tour leads guests on a 20-30 minute walk through the Garden. This is a great opportunity to explore the garden and make botanical discoveries!View Guide Here
This self guided tour leads guests on a 20-30 minute walk through the Garden. This is a fun opportunity to learn more about our extensive plant collection.View Guide Here
This self guided tour leads guests on a historical walk through the Garden. You'll learn more aboutView Treasure Hunt